Canton Museum of Art
The Canton Museum of Art began as the Little Civic Art Gallery founded in a second floor room of the Canton Public Library in 1935. In 1941, a fine Richardsonian building known as the Case Mansion was donated and renovated to become the home of the Canton Art Institute. A new home for all the arts in Canton was created when the Cultural Center for the Arts was established in 1970. Here the Institute began a program to build its Permanent Collection, and expanded its exhibits and art classes. 1995 marked the occasion with a new identity as the Canton Museum of Art 
The Museum is located at 1001 Market Avenue North, Canton, Ohio. For hours and admission fees please see the Museum's website.
1. text excerpted from the Museum's web site.
Why was this sub-index page prepared?
When Resource Library publishes over time more than one article concerning an institution, there is created as an additional resource for readers a sub-index page containing links to each Resource Library article or essay concerning that institution, plus available information on its location and other descriptive information.
Unless otherwise noted, all text and image materials relating to the above institutional source were provided by that source. Before reproducing or transmitting text or images please read Resource Library's user agreement.
Traditional Fine Arts Organization's catalogues provide many more useful resources:
Search Resource Library for thousands of articles and essays on American art.
Copyright 2009 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc., an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights reserved.