George Luks: The Watercolors
by Judith Hansen O'Toole
- Exhibition Catalogues
- An Exhibition of Watercolors, Drawings and Oil Paintings
by George Benjamin Luks. Boston: Childs Gallery,
- George Luks 1867 - 1933.
New York: A.C.A. Heritage Gallery, 1967.
- George Luks 1867 - 1933: An Exhibition of Paintings
and Drawings Dating from 1889 to 1931. Utica,
New York: Museum of Art, Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, 1973.
- George Luks Memorial Exhibition.
- Newark: Newark Museum, 1934.
- O'Toole, Judith and James Keny. George Luks: Expressionist
Master of Color-- The Watercolors Rediscovered. Canton, Ohio: The Canton
Museum of Art, 1994.
- O'Toole, Judith; Stanley L. Cuba, and Nina Kasanof. George
Luks: An American Artist. Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania: Sardoni Art Gallery,
Wilkes College, 1987.
- Paintings, Watercolors and Drawings by George B. Luks. New York: Parke-Bernet Galleries, 1951 (auction catalogue).
- Pennsylvania Painters. Harrisburg:
The Pennsylvania State Museum, 1956.
- Perlman, Bennard. The Immortal Eight: American Paintings
from Eakins to the Armory Show, 1870 - 1933. Westport, Connecticut:
North Light Publications, 1979.
- Phillips, Duncan. Exhibition of Paintings of George
Luks. Washington, D.C: Phillips Memorial Gallery, 1926.
- Recent Paintings, Watercolors and Drawings Done in
the Anthracite Coal Regions of Pennsylvania by George Luks. New York: Frank K.M. Rehn Galleries, 1925.
- Reich, Sheldon. Graphic Styles of the American Eight.
Salt Lake City: Utah Museum of Fine Art, 1976.
- Retrospective Exhibition of the Paintings of George
Luks. New York:
- Kraushaar Galleries, 1923.
- Sloan, Helen Farr and Andrew Grugan. George Luks,
1867 - 1933:
- Centennial Exhibition. Williamsport:
James V. Brown Library, 1967.
- Twentieth Century American Paintings from the Edward
W. Root Collection. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian
- Two Hundred Years of Watercolor Paintings in America. New York:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1966.
- Cary, Elizabeth Luther. George Luks. New York:
Whitney Museum of American Art, 1930.
- Glackens, Ira. William Glackens and the Ashcan Group.
- Grosset Dunlap, 1957.
- Homer, William Inness. Robert Henri and His Circle.
Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1969.
- Howat, John K. and Victor Koshkin-Youritzin. American
Watercolors from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. New York: Metropolitan
Museum of Art, 1991.
- Stebbins, Theodore. American Master Drawings and Watercolors:
A History of Works on Paper from Colonial Times to the Present. New
Haven: Harper and Row, 1976.
- Talcott, Ralph C. The Watercolors of George Luks.
State College: Pennsylvania State University, 1970.
Return to George Luks: The Watercolors
Rediscovered; essay by Judith Hansen O'Toole
Library for thousands of articles and essays on American art.
Copyright 2008 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc., an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights