TFAO Financial Assistance for Digitization and Online Publication of Scholarly Texts
Prior to applying to sources of assistance (funders and candidates for in-kind assistance) TFAO recommends a readiness self-assessment. A nonprofit owner of texts should:
1. evaluate and decline non-fee commercial and nonprofit solutions for digitization including:
2. evaluate revenue considerations for the texts 
3. develop a means of determining, within the context of its mission statement, when greater benefit is obtained through sale of texts versus making them available to the public without charge
4. inventory its texts 
5. determine if there are sufficient texts to to make a test project worthwhile
6. have a commitment on the part of staff and volunteers to set aside sufficient time to complete a pilot project
7. have availability of a computer to store the digitized texts
8. have support of management
1. Questions to be asked should include:
2. For each document, data should include:
Go back to TFAO Financial Assistance for Digitization and Online Publication of Scholarly Texts
Individual pages in this study will be amended as TFAO adds content, corrects errors and reorganizes sections for improved readability. Refreshing or reloading pages enables readers to view the latest updates.
Links to sources of information outside of our web site are provided only as referrals for your further consideration. Please use due diligence in judging the quality of information contained in these and all other Web sites and in employing referenced consultants or vendors. Information from linked sources may be inaccurate or out of date. Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc neither recommends or endorses these referenced organizations. Although Traditional Fine Art Organization, Inc. includes links to other web sites, it takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other sites, nor exerts any editorial or other control over those other sites. For more information on evaluating web pages see Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc.'s General Resources section in Online Resources for Collectors and Students of Art History.
Copyright 2006 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc., an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights reserved.