John Steuart Curry: Inventing the Middle West
By Patricia Junker
1. John Steuart Curry, "An Address Before the Art Association of Madison, Tuesday, 19 January 1937," typescript, p.6, Curry Papers, Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C. (hereafter cited as AAA), microfilm roll 165, no frame number.
2. Chris L. Christensen, "Artist in Residence," Demcourier 11, no. 2 (April 1941): 15.
3. AAA, op. cit.
4. Christensen, op. cit., p. 15.
5. Thomas Hart Benton, ''Wisconsin Landscape," Demcourier 11, no. 2 (April 1941): p.15.
6. John Steuart Curry, Madison, Wise., to Clare Leighton, Durham, N.C., 19 May 1945, letter in collection of Mrs. John Steuart Curry.
7. "John Steuart Curry," Wisconsin State Journal,
30 August 1946.
This is page 4
Visit the Table of Contents for Resource Library for thousands of articles and essays on American art, calendars, and much more.
Copyright 2005 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc., an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights reserved.